Publications - current and forthcoming
Listed below are our publications to date and papers pending. Clicking on a link will open the summary abstract. Choose your download option from there.
Code for many of our models is available.
Publications List By Year
- Caballero JA, Gold JI, Ding L (2014), Variability of perceptual decision-related activity differs between the frontal eye field and caudate nucleus, 2014 Neuroscience Meeting Planner. Washington, DC: Society for Neuroscience, Program No. 558.18/UU14. Online.
- Tony J Prescott, Nathan Lepora, Paul F M J Verschure (2014), A future of living machines? International trends and prospects in biomimetic and biohybrid systems, SPIE Proceedings Vol. 9055: Bioinspiration, Biomimetics, and Bioreplication 2014.
- Ben Mitchinson, Martin J Pearson, Anthony G Pipe, Tony J Prescott (2014), Biomimetic tactile target acquisition, tracking and capture, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 62(3):366–375.
- Urashima H., Wilson, S.P. (2014), A self-organizing animat body map., Proceedings of Living Machines 3, Biomimetic and Biohybrid Systems (LNCS) 8608:439-441.
- Ashvin Shah and Kevin N. Gurney (2014), Emergent Structured Transition from Variation to Repetition in a Biologically-Plausible Model of Learning in Basal Ganglia, Frontiers in Psychology (Cognitive Science), 5:91.
- A. Shah, K. N. Gurney, (2014), Finding minimal action sequences with a simple evaluation of actions, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 8, 151.
- A. Tomkins, E. Vasilaki, K.N. Gurney, M.D. Humphries (2014), Transient and steady-state selection in the striatal microcircuit, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 7.
- Arkley, K.P., Grant, R.A., Mitchinson, B. & Prescott, T.J. (2014), Strategy Change in Vibrissal Active Sensing during Rat Locomotion, Current Biology, 24(13):1507-12.
- Grant, R.A., Itskov, P.M., Towal, B. & Prescott, T.J. (2014), Active touch sensing: finger tips, whiskers and antennae, Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 8:50.
- Milne, A.O. & Grant, R.A. (2014), Characterisation of whisker control in the California sea lion (Zalophus californianus) during a complex, dynamic sensorimotor task, Journal of Comparative Physiology A, 1-9.
- Fiore, V.G., Sperati, V., Mannella, F., Mirolli, M., Gurney, K., Friston, K., Dolan, R.J., Baldassarre, G. (2014), Keep focussing: striatal dopamine multiple functions resolved in a single mechanism tested in a simulated humanoid robot, Frontiers in Psychology, 5, 124.