Publications - current and forthcoming
Listed below are our publications to date and papers pending. Clicking on a link will open the summary abstract. Choose your download option from there.
Code for many of our models is available.
Publications List By Year
- Mitchinson B. (2002), Iterative Kernel Techniques in Application to Channel Equalisation, PhD Thesis, The University of Sheffield.
- Mitchinson B., Harrison R. F. (2002), Digital Communications Channel Equalization Using The Kernel Adaline, IEEE Transactions on Communications, 50(4):571:576.
- Girard, B., Cuzin, V., Guillot, A., Gurney, K., and Prescott, T.J. (2002), Comparing a brain-inspired robot action selection mechanism with winner-takes-all, From Animals to Animats 7: Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Simulation of Adaptive Behaviour, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, pp. 75–84.
- Prescott, T. J., Gurney, K., Montes-Gonzalez, F., Humphries, M. and Redgrave, P. (2002), The robot basal ganglia: Action selection by an embedded model of the basal ganglia, Basal Ganglia VII, L. F. B. Nicholson and R. Faulls (Eds.) New York: Plenum Press.
- Humphries, M. D. & Gurney, K. N. (2002), The role of intra-thalamic and thalamocortical circuits in action selection, Network: Computation in Neural Systems, 13:131-156. [Code]
- Wood, R. & Gurney, K.N. (2002), A New Parametric Search Technique for Biophysical Models: A Study in the Rat Neostriatal Projection Neuron, Society For Neuroscience Abstracts, Program No. 764.16, Washington, DC..
- Prescott, T.J., K.N. Gurney, and P. Redgrave (2002), The Basal Ganglia, The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks. MIT Press..
- Humphries, M. D. (2002), The basal ganglia and action selection: A computational study at multiple levels of description, PhD Thesis, University of Sheffield.