Publications - current and forthcoming
Listed below are our publications to date and papers pending. Clicking on a link will open the summary abstract. Choose your download option from there.
Code for many of our models is available.
Publications List By Year
- Redgrave, P., Prescott, T.J. & Gurney, K. (1999), The basal ganglia: a vertebrate solution to the selection problem?, Neuroscience, 89:1009-1023.
- Humphries, M. D. & Gurney, K. (1999), A computational model of action selection in the basal ganglia: Thalamic and cortical interactions, Technical Report AIVRU132, The University of Sheffield.
- Wright, M.J., and K.N. Gurney (1999), Visual discrimination of direction changes based upon two types of angular motion, Vision Research, 39, 1927-1941.
- Redgrave, P., Prescott, T.J. & Gurney, K. (1999), Is the short latency dopamine burst too short to signal reinforcement error?, Trends in Neurosciences, 22:146-151.
- Hartley, S.J., Prescott, T.J. & Nicolson, R. (1999), Feature Distributions and Experimental Evaluation in a Connectionist Model of Semantic Memory, Connectionist models in Cognitive Neuroscience, G. Humphreys, D, Heinke, A.Olsen (Eds). London: Springer-Verlag. p. 158-167.
- Prescott, T.J., Redgrave, P., & Gurney, K. (1999), Layered control architectures in robots and vertebrates, Adaptive Behavior, 7:99-127.
- Groome, D., H. Dewart, A. Esgate, K.N. Gurney, and N. Towell (1999), Computational Models of Cognition, An Introduction to Cognitive Psychology: Processes and Disorders, 261-291. Psychology Press, 1st Ed..