Publications - current and forthcoming
Listed below are our publications to date and papers pending. Clicking on a link will open the summary abstract. Choose your download option from there.
Code for many of our models is available.
Publications List By Year
- Gurney, K.N. (1992), Training Nets of Stochastic Units using System Identification, Neural Networks, 6: 133-145.
- Gurney, K.N. (1992), Training Nets of Hardware Realisable Sigma-Pi Units, Neural Networks, 5: 289-303.
- Gurney, K.N., and M.J. Wright (1992), Representing Image velocity in a self-organised neural network, Physiology Society Meeting, Newcastle, Journal of the Physiological Society 452, p287.
- Gurney, K.N., and M.J. Wright (1992), Digital Nets and intelligent systems, Journal of Intelligent Systems, 2, 1-10.
- Prescott, T.J. and Mayhew, J.E.W. (1992), Obstacle avoidance through reinforcement learning, Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 4, Moody, J.E., Hanson, S.J., and Lippmann, R.P. (eds.), Morgan Kaufmann: New York, pp. 523–530.
- Hui, T., P. Morgan, K.N. Gurney, and H. Bolouri (1992), A cascadable 2048-neuron VLSI artificial network with on-board learning, ICANN , Aleksander and Taylor, editors, Artificial Neural Networks 2.
- Gurney, K.N. (1992), Weighted Nodes and RAM-Nets: A Unified Approach, Journal of Intelligent Systems, 2: 155-186.
- Gurney, K.N. (1992), Training Recurrent Nets of Hardware realisable Sigma-Pi Units, International Journal of Neural Systems, 3: 31-42.
- Wright, M.J., and K.N. Gurney (1992), Dependence of stereomotion on the orientation of spatial frequency components, Journal of Physiological and Ophthalmic Optics Journal of Physiological and Ophthalmic Optics, 12: 264-268.
- Wright, M.J., and K.N. Gurney (1992), Coherence, transparency and the discrimination of rigid and non-rigid motion, ARVO Sarasota, Florida., pp 1050.
- Gurney, K.N., and M.J. Wright (1992), A self-organising neural network model of image velocity encoding, Biological Cybernetics, 68: 173-181.
- Prescott, T. J. and Mayhew, J.E.W. (1992), Adaptive local navigation, Active Vision, Blake, A. and Yuille, A. (eds.), MIT Press: Cambridge MA. p 203-215.
- Gurney, K.N., and M.J. Wright (1992), The detection and analysis of local optic flow, 15th European Conference on Visual Perception, Pisa, Italy, Perception, 21:(supplement) p40.
- Wright, M.J., and K.N. Gurney (1992), Lower threshold of motion for one- and two- dimensional patterns in central and peripheral vision, Vision Research, 32: 121-134.