Dr Vladan Rankov
This person has left and cannot be contacted through the department. If they have provided contact details, they will be displayed below.
Left at the end of BIOTACT, now living in Huntingdon.
- Algorithms for analysis of high speed video recordings of whisker movement in freely moving rodents (BIOTACT).
- Machine vision, image processing and object recognition; medical imaging; optimisation methods and statistical modelling.
- Prescott TJ, Grant RA, Arkley KP, Rankov V, Mitchinson B (2011), Did early mammals have active vibrissal touch? Evidence from a comparative study of exploratory whisking in rat, mouse and opossum (Monodelphis domestica), SFN Washington, Soc. Neurosci. Abstracts 76.23.
- Ben Mitchinson, Robyn A. Grant, Kendra Arkley, Vladan Rankov, Igor Perkon and Tony J. Prescott (2011), Active vibrissal sensing in rodents and marsupials, Philosophical Transactions Royal Society B, 366(1581):3037-3048.
- G. Gyory, V. Rankov, G. Gordon, I. Perkon, B. Mitchinson, R. Grant, T. Prescott (2010), An algorithm for automatic tracking of rat whiskers, proceedings of International Workshop on Visual observation and Analysis of Animal and Insect Behavior (VAIB), Istanbul, ICPR 2010, 1-4.