Dr Sean Anderson
This person has left and cannot be contacted through the department. If they have provided contact details, they will be displayed below.
Now a lecturer down the road at ACSE.
I am working on sensory processing of whisker signals in the rat. The hypothesis I am investigating is that the cerebellum actively cancels self-generated noise in whisker sensory signals. This requires the cerebellum to learn an internal dynamical model of the whisker/follicle plant so that it can predict whisker signal components that are self-generated.
- BIOTACT project - Active touch
- eye-robot project
- Computational modelling of the cerebellum
- VOR, OKR and saccades
- The oculomotor plant
- System identification of linear and nonlinear dynamical systems
- Adaptive noise cancellation
- Blenkinsop, A., Kadirkamanthan, V., Anderson, S., & Gurney, K. N. (2012), A firing rate model of the basal ganglia incorporating action selection with parameter estimation by approximate Bayesian computation, Presented at the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, New Orleans.
- Anderson S, Lepora N, Porrill J and Dean P (2010), Nonlinear Dynamic Modelling of Isometric Force Production in Primate Eye Muscle , IEEE Trans Biomed Eng.
- Tony Prescott, Martin Pearson, Charles Fox, Mat Evans, Ben Mitchinson, Sean Anderson, Tony Pipe (2010), Towards biomimetic vibrissal tactile sensing for robot exploration, navigation, and object recognition in hazardous environments, RISE'10, Fourth international workshop on Robotics for Risky Interventions and Environmental Surveillance-Maintenance.
- M. J. Pearson, A. G. Pipe, J. Welsby, B. Mitchinson, S. Anderson and T. J. Prescott (2009), Spatial Cognition and Representation through Active Touch (SCRATCHbot), Barrels 2009, Chicago, USA.