Dr Alex Cope
This person has left and cannot be contacted through the department. If they have provided contact details, they will be displayed below.
Moved down the road to ACSE - can still be reached at a.cope/at/sheffield.ac.uk.
- Action selection in active vision
- Toolchain building for spiking neural networks
- Funded by the EPSRC
- P. Richmond, A. Cope, K.N. Gurney, D.J. Allerton (2013), From Model Specification to Simulation of Biologically Constrained Networks of Spiking Neurons, Neuroinformatics, 12, 307-323.
- Cope, A., & Gurney, K. N. (2011), A biologically based model of active vision, Proceedings of AISB’11 - Architectures for Active Vision, 13-20.
- Cope, A., Chambers, J., & Gurney, K. (2011), A Systems Integration Approach to Creating Embodied Biomimetic Models of Active Vision, Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems, 6856: 372-373 (Springer).
- Brohan, K., A. Cope, and K.N. Gurney (2010), Robotic Implementation of Visual Attention Based on Reward Modulated self-Organised Map of Feature Space, EPIROB 2010. Orenas Slott, Sweden.
- Cope, A., J.M. Chambers, D Barr, P. Dudek, and K. N. Gurney (2010), Systems level model integration and embodiment: a case study with gaze control, Bernstein Conference on Computational Neuroscience 2010 (BCCN 2010). Berlin..
- Cope, A., J.M. Chambers, and K.N. Gurney (2009), Object-based biasing for attentional control of gaze: a comparison of biologically plausible mechanisms, BMC Neuroscience, 10, (1) 19.